[Click] dynamic memory allocation

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:50:41 EDT 2005

Nice one Alastair,

I have tested your patch yet but this features is quite useful for me.

Which brings me to my question, is there a way in Linux to determine the
current available non-paged memory ? I've run into issues before where OOM
errors resulted in undesirable crashes even with checking pointers after
memory allocation. I'm thinking about an element early on in the
configuration that checks for available memory and if a threshold has been
reached will by-pass most of the configuration and only do necessary
forwarding.

Beyers