[Click] memory leak on creating a new element

Qinghua(Kevin) Ye qye at trlabs.ca
Fri Oct 28 17:34:49 EDT 2005

Hi There,

I encoutered a memory leak problem when I create a new element. The elements
is simple pull processing mode. It pulls serveral packets from its input
element, stores it in a packets array, and then allocates a new packet
according to the total length of the packets, copies the content of these
packets into the new allocated packet and frees the old packets one by one.
Tests shows that there is memory leak problem.

However, if I pull one packet, copy the packet content, kill it, then pull
another packet, iteratively, it works ok. Could anyone give some explanation
of this scheme? Thanks.

Regards,
Qinghua