[Click] Click as gateway

Anatolij Zubow zubow at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 16 11:25:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

currently we are using userland Click to implement gateway
functionality:

  -> // to gateway
  -> KernelTun(10.9.1.1/8, MTU 1500)
  -> // to routing

and iptables (non-routable IPs for internal nodes (10.9.x.x) -> NAT):

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o vlan0 -j MASQUERADE
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Now we would like to use Click in kernelspace. However the KernelTun
element is not available in the kernel module driver. Instead, I tried
to use the FromHost and ToHost elements, but with no success. It seems
to me that Linux drops the packets. Is there an equivalent solution?

Thanks a lot,
Tolja