[Click] click-mkmindriver and roofnet

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Thu Oct 6 21:10:11 EDT 2005

Hello all,
I'm trying to strip down Click for embedded environemnts. I've run into
some problems with click-mkmindriver. I've simplifier and replicated the
problem on a native x86 environment for debugging.

I start clean:

$ cd ~/click
$ make dist-clean
$ cvs up
$ ./configure --enable-userlevel --disable-linuxmodule --enable-wifi
$ make tools
$ conf/wifi/gen_config_roofnet.pl --dev ath0 --ssid roofnet --gateway \
	> roofnet.click
$ tools/click-align/click-align -f roofnet.click > roofnet.click.2
$ cd userlevel
$ ../tools/click-mkmindriver/click-mkmindriver -p roofnet -f \
	../roofnet.click.2 -u -E TXCountMetric
$ make -f Makefile.roofnet
$ su
# ./roofnetclick ../roofnet.click.2

roofnet.click:93: While configuring 'srcr/host_cl :: IPClassifier':
  pattern 0: partial directive
  pattern 0: empty term near 'net'
  pattern 0: garbage after expression at 'net'
  warning: pattern 0 matches no packets
roofnet.click:109: While configuring 'srcr/ICMPError at 26 :: ICMPError':
  argument 2 takes named int (ICMP error type)
roofnet.click:120: While configuring 'srcr/CheckIPHeader at 29 ::
CheckIPHeader':
  unknown argument type 'CheckIPHeader.INTERFACES'!
roofnet.click:121: While configuring 'srcr/from_gw_cl :: IPClassifier':
  pattern 0: partial directive
  pattern 0: empty term near 'net'
  pattern 0: garbage after expression at 'net'
  warning: pattern 0 matches no packets
roofnet.click:169: While configuring 'srcr_host/CheckIPHeader at 3 ::
CheckIPHeader':
  unknown argument type 'CheckIPHeader.INTERFACES'!
Router could not be initialized!

I've only looked at line 93, the first error. It reads:

srcr/host_cl :: IPClassifier(dst net 5.150.75.118 mask 255.0.0.0, - );

The problem here is most likely that the IP address is the IP address of
SRCR, and not a network address, i.e. there are bits set to the right of
the last set bit in the netmask.

What's odd is I run the same file on the 'fat' click and there are no
errors.

Also, note the -E TXCountMetrix in the click-mkmindriver line. This is
neccessary for the mini version of click to compile. The txcountmetric
element doesn't get put in elements_roofnet.conf, unless it is explicitly
added with the -E option.

Any idea what's going on here?