[Click] Click peak rate 20 K pps

Vinod Kumar vinodkumarx at rediffmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:21:20 EDT 2005

Dear all:

Thanks to all for having informative list. It helps in adoption of Click for projects.

Next, I am using FromDevice element to get packets from Click source on one computer thru 100Mpbs ethernet to 100Mpbs hub thru Click router to 100Mbps switch to Click destination computer. I can only generate 30K packets per second becuase of source comp limitations. But Click router is forwarding only 20K packets per second.
All configurations are very simple and machines are 1 GHz with 500MB RAM.

PollDevice I read is faster but how to get more speed using just FromDevice. Am i doing something wrong? 20 K pps << 464 K pps...

Set up of simple experiment such as follows:

| Source Comp |--| Hub |-- | Router |--| Switch |--|Destination |

Thank you.
Vinod