[Click] Live reconfiguration of click router

louati wajdi.louati at int-evry.fr
Mon Oct 3 10:57:46 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to modify the LinearIPLookup element and make it dynamic. In fact, I am using "click-install -h" option to "hotswap" a config file including the LinearIPLookup element.  Much of the state from the old config will get swapped into the new. In order to keep the routes of  the LinearIPLookup table, I need to work with the live reconfiguration operation of click router in kernel mode. I have added the two functions to the LinearIPLookup element: bool can_live_reconfigure() const { return true; }
 and  int live_reconfigure(Vector<String>&, ErrorHandler*);  (including code to keep the routes) and I have compiled but the  live_reconfigure doesn't work ?

Do you have any idea about the use of the Live reconfiguration in click ?

Best Regards,

Wajdi