[Click] Help with click socket element

Swati Sinha Deb Swati.SinhaDeb at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 09:56:16 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to capture packets and write it to a socket. I want to use the
click's Socket element. Can you please let me know where the Socket
userlevel element is located? I tried to look at the userlevel package but
could not find it.

On the other hand if I try to use the ToSocket click element provided at
the userlevel I get the following errors:
expensive Packet::push; have 2 wanted 4
ToSocket: sendto: Bad file descriptor

Below is my click configuration:

FromDevice(eth3)->SetTimestamp()->Print(OK, 2000, TIMESTAMP
true)->ToSocket("TCP", 0.0.0.0, 1500, VERBOSE true)->Discard;

Any advice on the above issues will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
Swati