[Click] Compilation failure, questions abot ethertap

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Sun Oct 2 21:57:47 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Eddie Kohler wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I fixed the compilation error earlier today, actually.

Thanks for the quick response to the mailing list post, and for fixing
things on a sunay! I was using the error as an excuse to slack for the
rest of the day, but that's all over now ;)

Yes, I did cvs up and compiled and everything was good.

> Click has supported tun drivers as well as tap drivers for some time
> -- since pre-July.  Maybe something roofnet-specific is going on?
> But see KernelTun.

Okay, I suspected as much, just wanted to be sure. I actually started
porting ethertap into 2.6.12.5, but then said..."wait a minute, this is
probably not right thing to do...Click probably stopped using a
deprecated module some time ago". I'll look for explanations elsewhere.

Regards
Bob Keyes