[Click] Click Footprint

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Thu May 26 22:00:04 EDT 2005

Hi Alastair,

If you're talking about kernel Click, there are a couple places you
can look.  "lsmod" will tell you the size of the binary module.
Then /click/meminfo will tell you the number of blocks of memory that
have been allocated so far, but not the size.  If you want size too
that should be pretty easy to add; grep in linuxmodule/module.cc and
lib/glue.cc for references to the click_outstanding_news variable to
get a sense for how we keep track of it; send a patch when you get it
working.  It is hard to tell how many *packets* are stored within
Click at any given moment; /proc/slabinfo or something similar will
tell you how many packets the whole Linux kernel has outstanding.

Eddie