[Click] ELEMENT_MT_SAFE

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:47:51 EDT 2005

On the same note, I have a couple of questions regarding MT click.

If you use StaticThreadSched and configure it such that an element
will only run on one CPU, is it still necesary to apply locking ?

On what CPU will element timers run using StaticThreadSched ? Will it
run on the same CPU as the timer's element ?

What is the best way to troubleshoot/debug MT click and locking? I'm
playing around with a custom MT configuration with all elements using
spinlocks but I'm still getting lockups on Click (1.4.3).

Is it necessary/recommended to release a lock before calling push() ?

Anyone know of additional documentation on SMP/MT click other than
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/click:usenix01/ ?

Kind regards

Beyers