[Click] strange lockups using 2.4.26 and click 1.4.1

Maxwell Krohn krohn at mit.edu
Sat May 7 17:33:08 EDT 2005

My application is also NAT. Once I had the machine up and running for
about an hour, with about 3MB/sec of traffic running through it without
a problem.  Then I tried to SCP something from the NAT itself; about 10
seconds into the transfer, the NAT locked up. In other words, for the
hour that the machine was working, nothing was going up to the host,
since it was just rewriting packets and sending them out the other NIC.
But when I SCPed from the host, it probably fired a ton of TCP traffic
into the Linux kernel, which seemed to crash the machine right away.

Unfortunately, the setup is difficult for me to test (due to live
traffic going through the machine), so I haven't been able to narrow it
down any further.

On a different project with a similar configuration, I seem to recall
the same types of crashes, but that was about a year ago, so I can't say
for sure.

Max