[Click] strange lockups using 2.4.26 and click 1.4.1

Alastair McKinley M1717500 at qub.ac.uk
Sat May 7 16:59:32 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am having a strange problem and not sure what to do about it. I am using
click 1.4.1 with kernel 2.4.26. When I intialise a Click router, I get
random lockups of my machine. When running from X, i dont see any error
messages.
When running in text mode however, I see a kernel panic.

I cant reproduce it all the time, but I think its something to do with an
IPrewriter element, because I am
running a simple NAT configuartion and it seems to happen sometimes when I
initiate connections
to a host on the private side of the network.  Sometimes it runs ok for
hours and then locks up, sometimes
it will lock up after a minute or so. Unfortunately I am not clever enough
to diagnose the problem....

Has anyone else had the same problem? Or how should I go about finding out
whats wrong?

Thanks,

Alastair