[Click] Ns configuration failed! Exiting ... while trying to install nsclick! Please help

Raja Sombhotla rajagopal_452 at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 05:47:22 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I was trying to install Click, ns2 and nsclick using
the instructions given in nsclick manual. When i tried
to install ns2 after downloading and unpacking the
components; i encountered the error saying: configure:
error: click is required but could not be completely
found.  Ns configuration failed! Exiting ...
I don't know what to do exactly here. Please help!
Thanks in advance.

I hereby give you the exact error that i got:

checking for libtk8.3... -L../lib -ltk8.3
checking for tk.tcl... ../lib/tk8.3
checking for otcl.h... -I../otcl-1.0a8
checking for libotcl1.0a8... -L../otcl-1.0a8 -lotcl
checking for tclcl.h... -I../tclcl-1.0b13
checking for libtclcl... -L../tclcl-1.0b13 -ltclcl
checking for tcl2c++... ../tclcl-1.0b13
checking for X11 header files
checking for X11 library archive
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
checking for libXext.a
checking for libtcldbg... no
checking dmalloc... not requested with --with-dmalloc
checking for simclick.h... no
checking for libnsclick... no
configure: error: click is required but could not be
completely found.
Please correct the problem by telling configure where
click is
using the argument --with-click=/path/to/package,
or the package is not required, disable it with
--with-click=no.
Ns configuration failed! Exiting ...
Please check
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html