[Click] On initialize()

José María González chema at cs.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 22 01:13:33 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm wondering whether there is any mechanism in click to permit elements
carrying out some work between initialize() and the start of the packet
processing. I'm writing an element whose very first task is to beacon
its existence. I can't send the beacon during initialize(), as the next
element (a Queue) is no initialized yet (click seems to initialize()
elements following the packet stream direction), so it has to be after
that.

As an alternative, is there any mechanism to alter the order in which
elements are initialized?

Thanks in advance.
-Chema