[Click] Elements handlers

Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes rafael.guimaraes at ac.upc.edu
Thu Mar 10 15:22:50 EST 2005

Hi,

I am writing some new Click elements and I have a doubt concerning the
handlers of an element. I have seen read handler and write handlers
implemented, but I have not seen any read/write handler. Is there this
possibility? I want the handler to return me a string based on some
arguments I introduce.

I have implemented the following handler:

String
MyElement::thehandler_handler(const String &conf_in, Element *e, void
*thunk, ErrorHandler *errh)

But I don't know how to add it to the element? Is this right? How should
I do it?

Cheers,

  Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes
  PhD Student - Computer Networking Group
  Department of Computer Architecture (DAC)
  Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
  Phone: +34-934017187   Fax: +34-934017055