[Click] Questions on how-to debug elements && Click's kernel level properties

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:06:34 EST 2005

Hi Bita,

See comments below

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:06:48 -0800, betamaz <betamaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few question on how click inserts and runs modules in the linux kernel.

> 1) First, when running some configuration files, (for example
> print-pings.click) in linux kernel versus userlevel, I am unable to
> use the tested ethernet card regularly.  Basically, I can not longer
> ping the outside world, ssh... Is this due to the test program
> grabbing all the packets from the specified packets, taking some
> action, then discarding the packet?

Your assumption is right, in the kernel module click grabs the packets
before Linux gets to process them. If you want to have Linux process
certain/all packets use ToHost. See documentation to ToHost. Also scan
through the IP Router config file to see how ToHost gets used.

> 2) Also, I am trying to use udpgen.click and udpcount.click.  I first
> run udpgen then udpcount.  Udp gen uses two different eth cards on the
> same machine. The sender address being that eth0, and the receiver
> eth1.  Udpcount looks at the incoming packets of eth1.

Post your config.

Regards
Beyers