[Click] Reg:mazu-nat.click

divya padmanaban divs_198 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 04:22:28 EST 2005

Dear Sir,
           I am a student from India working on my
dissertation project in click modular router.I'm in
the process of performing NAT and have tried using
mazu-nat.click.

Network Setup:
-------------
In this regard I have formed a 3-system network where
the middle system has been made the
gateway(eth0,eth1),the first system or source
(connected to eth0 of the gateway) representing the
internal network system and the 3rd and last system or
destination (connected to eth1 of the gateway)the
external system.

NOTE: I have made provisions for only traffic from
internal  to external network   and not from external
to internal network.

Doubts regarding the Code :
---------------------------

In the mazu-nat.click code I had changed the
AddressInfo part according to my network setup.Other
than that there havent been much of a change.But i
have encountered the following hitches:

1. schedule_timeout: wrong timeout value fffffffe from
 d0166459

I have also tried by changing  the ScheduleInfo(from
.1,to 1) to ScheduleInfo(from 1,to 1) which caused
some packets to reach the gateway,though  not the
destination system.But still i got the
schedule_timeout message inbetween.

2.Second and more important doubt is how to find out
if the packet header has been rewritten.There were
some packets which managed to turn up at the
destination of format:

255|ffffffff ffff00c0 26a2ed77 08004500 00f10000
40004011

252|ffffffff ffff00c0 26a2ed77 08004500 00ee0000
40004011

I would be really grateful if you would spare some
time in considering my situation and extend a helping
hand at the hour of need.

Awaiting your valuable and more than helpful reply,

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

Divya Padmanabhan