[Click] New element problem in the Kernel level (2.6.11.6)

Jalaja Kurubarhalli jalajak99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 14:34:36 EDT 2005

Hi,
 I have written a new element 'MyPrint' meant to work in both user and
kernel level (Nothing but a copy of Print element with a bunch of
debug messags in simple_action) and I'm facing a few issues to get it
to work in the kernel (V 2.6.11.6).

1. When I run a userlevel configuration containing the element, it
works fine. But I get an error "unknown element class 'MyPrint',
Router could not be initialized" when I run the same configuration
file in the kernel.

I've gone through the FAQ and ensured that
 a. EXPORT_ELEMENT is present
 b. make elemlist is run
 c. linuxmodule/elements.conf has the MyPrint.cc file
 d. My element is in click/elements/local directory (I used configure
--enable-local)

MyPrint.cc compiles fine when I run "make install". I tried compiling
the element with just ELEMENT_REQUIRES(linuxmodule) and I even moved
it to elements/linuxmodule. But none of the above helped. Can anyone
please let me know if I'm missing something?

2. I get an error "FATAL: Kernel does not have unload support.
click-uninstall: cannot remove Click module from kernel" when I try to
uninstall the configuration.  Will it be a problem if I try to install
an another router configuration without uninstalling the previous one?

-Jalaja