[Click] Memory limitation

Wajdi LOUATI Wajdi.Louati at int-evry.fr
Fri Jun 17 05:24:35 EDT 2005

Hi All,

As described in click.o(8), we can load the Click kernel module using
click-install and the manual loading steps are as follows:

1-  "/sbin/insmod proclikefs.o"
2-  "/sbin/insmod click.o"
3-  "mount -t click none /click"
4 - "cat CONFIGFILE /click/config"

For step 4, when I try to cat a CONFIGFILE with a considerable size (>150 Ko)
in the /click/config I obtain :
> cat : cannot allocate memory !!!

This is the same error when I use click-install :
> click-install: /click/config : cannot allocate memory.

Is the memory limitation due to the mount operation or the load of the Click
kernel module (click.o)? How can I install my CONFIGFILE with this size? is
there any solutions to overcome this memory limitation ?

Best Regards,

Wajdi