[Click] Anyone have a simple stateless TCP responder?

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Wed Jun 1 19:01:14 EDT 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Nicholas Weaver wrote:

> Does anyone have a simple stateless TCP responder element?
>
> Namely, it accepts a SYN.  It generates a corresponding SYN-ACK, a
> spew of data packets (without waiting for the ACK from the SYN-ACK),
> and the FIN?

I wrote a program called NAPTHA back in 2000 to demonstrate security
problems with IP stacks in many operating systems. It does exactly what
you are asking. But it's not written in Click. I didn't release the code
at the time, because we (my employer of that time and me) thought we
wanted to give vendors some time to fix things before giving skr1pt
k1dd1es something to use as a weapon. But it's been five years now, so
I''ll release the code to anyone who wants it.

-Bob Keyes