[Click] Silly click comilation environment question...

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:58:01 EDT 2005

Hi Nicholas,

>From the FAQ:

Q. How can I make Click compile a C++ file that doesn't contain an element?

A. Add an ELEMENT_PROVIDES statement to your .cc file.  The Click build
   process searches for C and C++ files with 'ELEMENT_PROVIDES' as well as
   'EXPORT_ELEMENT'.  You'll have to come up with a one-word tag describing
   the functionality that your .cc file provides.  See the end of
   'elements/userlevel/fakepcap.cc' for an example; it looks like this:

	CLICK_ENDDECLS
	ELEMENT_REQUIRES(userlevel|ns)
	ELEMENT_PROVIDES(FakePcap)

   Elements that use the 'FakePcap' functionality explicitly require it
   with ELEMENT_REQUIRES; see 'elements/userlevel/fromdump.cc' for an
   example.

I think you will also need to enable-local with the configuration script.

Beyers