[Click] Counter

rchertov at purdue.edu rchertov at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 12 20:18:46 EDT 2005

Hello,
   I am having some difficulties with the Counter/AverageCounter elements.  If I
put a counter in udpgen.click just before the sending to the device, the counter
never gets created and I do not get any error messages.

source -> AverageCounter -> td :: ToDevice($device); (/click/ctr/ never gets
created)

Same things happens if I use the user level script like
source -> Counter -> ToDump(...)

I noticed that if one were to modify the udpcount to remove the classifiers then
the counter also stops working.  (PollDevice() -> Counter -> Discard;)

The documentation does not mention any sort of dependency and the counter code
does not hint at any such issues as well.

I have places a few click_chatter messages in the Counter code and it appears
that the Counter does not get initialized/used in the cases above.

Sincerely,

Roman Chertov