[Click] nat-pt module assistance

luca.capisani at virgilio.it luca.capisani at virgilio.it
Sun Jul 10 06:46:04 EDT 2005

>Hello!
Hi

>Thank you for the information.  I am hoping to map as
>much capablity for the IPv4 host as possible.  I did
>read about needing Application Level Gateways (ALG)
>for services like FTP and DNS and believe I understand
>that well.  My big concern is trying to find a way to
>use IPSec.  If I had the below setup:
>
>IPv4Host-----Click+NAT-PT------IPv6Network----IPv6Host
>
>I know I cannot use IPSec all the way from IPv4Host to
>IPv6Host.  What I was wondering is if there was a way
>to use IPSec from the 'Click+NAT-PT' machine to
>IPv6Host for all of the IPv4Host traffic.  I was
>looking for a way that it would be normal IPv4Host to
>Click+NAT-PT, but then gain the additional benefits of
>IPSec once it hits the IPv6Network...

well,  as I told you, mapping IPv4 address can be done modifying the examples
in  NATPT module. For IPSec, you can use it on a IPv4 host directy or putting
another host between IPv4 host and CLICK. But, if click is well-configured,
it can do nearly all that IPsec does.
See you
Luca M. Capisani

DIS - Dipartimento Informatica e sistemistica
University of Pavia, Italy