[Click] nat-pt module assistance

Scott MacKay scottmackay at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 09:36:29 EDT 2005

Hello!
I had a question about the nat-pt module (or the
possibility of a different solution).  I want to
connect up a IPv4 machine to a IPv6 network.  My
initial idea was to use NAT-PT on a intermediate
router since NAT-PT seems to really be well designed
for this.  I saw there is a NAT-PT available for Click
which seemed a great match.  My only concern is that I
will not be able to configure IPSec to use that
between the router and end IPv6 systems.  By initial
need is a bit more limited than probaly what a full
blown NAT-PT provides; I only plan to connect 1 IPv4
machine and do not expect to provide any services on
the router (other than IPv6 network support features)
and would prefer to mask the IPv4 machine as the IPv6
router (so no additional IPv6 addresses on the router
for NAT).  Has anyone played with a configuration like
this or know of a Click capability which can give my
IPv4 system access?  Thanks in advance!

-Scott