[Click] libpcap filter error

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Jul 5 15:49:09 EDT 2005

Hi Daniel, Nick,

A-ha.  Click used to use Linux packet sockets whenever they were
available.  But obviously it should offer the user a choice.  So now
it does.  If you are using the anonymous CVS version, and you supply
userlevel FromDevice with a "CAPTURE PCAP" argument, it will use pcap
to capture packets (even on Linux).  Then BPF_FILTER will not be
ignored.

(John, I think you'll be interested in this as well!)

Eddie