[Click] 2.6 Kernel Patch for Click 1.4.3

Ross C Mcilroy mcilrorc at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Sun Jan 30 18:04:01 EST 2005

Hi,

I've been working on a patch for click so that it works in kernel level under the 2.6.9 linux kernel, based upon the preliminary work of Francis Bogsanyi.  I've managed to get it to work (for what I need anyway) and thought I would post it.  I noticed there were problems with sending attachements to this list, so I've put it up on my website (http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~mcilrorc/stuff.html) along with instructions on how to use it.

Some of the changes may look pointless (such as adding a - get_the_blank_handler function to the router class) but these were made in order to prevent common symbols in the resulting object file, which modprobe complains about.  Also, I had to remove the ipratemon from the list of elements which can run under the kernel, since it uses floats, and so doesn't compile within the kernel build tree.

I've modified elements.mk as well as the Makefile, since the makefile needs to know where the source files are located.  I've not changed the scripts which create elements.mk, so you'll need to copy it manually across, and obviously you'll need to modify it if you want to use different elements.

I've also not modified click-install, so this will not install the click modules into the kernel, instead you'll need to use make install, and cat the configuration into the config file on the click filesystem.

It seems to work for me, but I've not tested many of the elements.

Thanks,

Ross