[Click] Cleanup notification

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 23 23:13:52 EST 2005

Hi Beyers,

How is the router being shut down?  If it's being shut down by
"/click/stop" or similar, then you can use DriverManager like so:

    DriverManager(wait_stop /* wait for write to /click/stop */,
           write vrrp.send_shutdown /* call write handler */,
           wait 0.5s /* wait for packet to make its way through router
*/,
           stop)

But this would not work for writing directly to /click/config.

Would this be good enough?  I'm not sure about a separate "pre-cleanup"
stage, because how would one tell when it had completed?  If
pre-cleanup went on forever, what would you do?  Etc.

Eddie