[Click] Click & Wifi-Header

Anatolij Zubow zubow at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 21 03:24:59 EST 2005

Hi,

First of all Click is great. At the moment I am using

Click on a Linksys Wlan Router. However, for my routing

protocol I need some information about the wireless

transmission (e.g. the prism2 header). But unfortunately

this information is not available within Click. My Click

script reads packets from network device with the help

of the FromDevice element at user-level. This is strange

since this information (prism2 header) is available

in tools like tcpdump and ethereal. What may be a

reason? In the description of the (user-level-) FromDevice

element you wrote that "User-level FromDevice is like a

packet sniffer [...]".

Greetings,

Tolja