[Click] ?Bug?/Annoyance in makefile with ./configure --enable-local

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Feb 18 13:26:04 EST 2005

Release version click-1.4.3, FreeBSD

I have two elements in a (symlinked) elements/local directory:
ArpPrint and EtherPrint (these are currently just placeholder
elements, copies of Print with the names changed).

./configure --enable-local
gmake elemlist

both work fine.  Now (cd userlevel; gmake)
gives an eventual error in the building:
gmake: *** No rule to make target `arpprint.o', needed by `click'. Stop.

I manually edit the Makefile in userlevel to add

$(top_srcdir)/elements/local

in the VPATH and it works and compiles, and the modules are recognised
within click configurations.

Am I forgetting to do something, or is there a minor bug in the
configuration script?

Thank you.

Nicholas C. Weaver                               nweaver at icsi.berkeley.edu
     This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.