[Click] help regd click

vaishnavi durga vaishree_100 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Feb 8 15:00:32 EST 2005

Sir,
 I came across your id from the click software installed.I am asked to
study the click modular router, implement the same after understanding
it thoroughly, see how it works (we have a commercial router tester)
and improve it, if possible.

I have been reading the thesis submitted byyou on click
modular router. I wish to know the following things:

1.Standard format and functioning of an IP Router. The
thesis assumes the knowledge of this and shows the working
model of Click Router.

2.I have only the Click Router installed in my linux system
(with the help of some guidance).But, what do I do now to
test the router? I suppose there is a configuration file that
I am supposed to run. How do I run this? How am I supposed to
assign some addresses specific to my system ? I would like
to know all the things regarding the testing of the router.

I am sure the questions above highlighten my lack of knowledge
in the field. I would  be extremely thankful if you can throw
some light on this matter.

Thanking You,
With Best Regards,
vaishnavi