[Click] TrieIPLookup element and routing cache

Davide Bolognesi bolognesi at serverlipar.polito.it
Mon Feb 14 04:51:36 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm Davide Bolognesi, I'm a student at Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
I'm working on the E.U.R.O project
(http://www.diit.unict.it/euro/index_en.htm) for my Laurea degree
thesis.

I've downloaded Click-1.4.3 and I would like to know more about the
TrieIPLookup element: could you please point me to a paper/book
describing the algorithm implemented? I've already read the comments in
the C++ code, and I haven't found any clue!

All *IPLookup elements seem to have only minimal routing cache support,
is anybody aware of any element that implements a better routing cache?

What about ARP elements? Do they implement any ARP cache?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Cheers,