[Click] Re: state of Click IP lookup elements?

Marko Zec zec at icir.org
Wed Feb 9 20:36:18 EST 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 21:25, you wrote:
> Actually, guys, what's the status of RadixIPLookup and TrieIPLookup?
> RadixIPLookup has a comment in its documentation saying "This element
> does not work".  Is this true?  If so, we should just remove it.

TrieIPLookup seems to work correctly, albeit quite slow in
(re)generating the lookup tables.

RadixIPLookup doesn't work.  Not only that it is uncomplete (needs
patching to allow an input to be connected, doesn't export
handlers...), but a quick test reveals that it sends packets down wrong
routes, or doesn't find one when a route exists.  Maybe it could be
fixed, maybe not, but I do not plan to do it myself, if that was the
purpose of the cc: in the original note :-)

Cheers,

Marko