[Click] simulating high-latency link

Trevor Harrison trevorsharrison at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:00:22 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:25:22 +0100, Philippe De Neve
<Philippe.deneve at intec.ugent.be> wrote:
> Hi Trevor,
>
> simulating a latency link can be realized in a number of ways.
> I did it like this:
>
> PollDevice -> SetTimeStamp -> Queue -> DelayShaper -> ToDevice

Thanks.  I'm doing something similar in my current config:

(BTW, I'm using usermode click)

FromDevice -> Classifier -> Strip -> SetTimeStamp -> CheckIPHeader ->
MarkIPHeader -> IPFilter -> ARPQuerier -> Queue ->  <mydelaymech> ->
Queue -> ToDevice;

where <mydelaymech> is something like LinkUnqueue or DelayUnqueue, etc.

I ran into some inconsistant results with the LinkUnqueue, which I put
in another message to the list the other day.  Haven't heard anything
back on that.

-Trevor