[Click] LinkUnqueue not honoring latency param

Trevor Harrison trevorsharrison at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:04:20 EST 2005

I'm trying to emulate a slow link between two locations.  I've got a
click script that sends packets thru a LinkUnqueue(0.5, 2384kbps)
cmd.

When doing a simple ping, the reply time is a rock solid 500ms, using
win32 cmd line ping.
However, as soon as I start transfering lots of data via that click
path, the response time of the ping *drops* down into the 20ms range.

If I use a DelayUnqueue(0.5) in place of the LinkUnqueue, the response
time stays at atleast 500ms, if not a few more ms during traffic.

I have a weird config due to my lack of hardware... packets are
probably taking an asymetric route from the client to the host.  The
client routes via click, but the dest host has an interface on the
client's subnet, and probably is replying directly on that subnet.

-Trevor