[Click] MOD_INC_USE_COUNT no more

Eddie Kohler kohler at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Feb 7 16:28:29 EST 2005

Hi all,

In the process of merging Ross's patch for Linux 2.6, I discovered that MOD_INC
and MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT are deprecated in 2.6 -- and, in fact, they've been
removed entirely from 2.6.9.

Thus, the responsibility for incrementing & decrementing module reference counts
has been REMOVED from element source code.

Element constructors should no longer call MOD_INC_USE_COUNT.
Element destructors should no longer call MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT.
This should make things just a little bit easier.

I've removed MOD_{INC/DEC}_USE_COUNT from all element source in our repository.

The same reference count manipulations should actually happen under the hood.
Please report bugs as usual!