[Click] Trying to get 802.1X packets coming from hostapd

Pedro Baltazar pedro.baltazar at aveiro.nec.pt
Mon Aug 22 13:19:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm starting to write some configurations using click...

On a host running hostapd (an 802.1X-capable authenticator), I've a click configuration that processes 802.1X packets.

For incoming packets it works ok, as I use FromDevice to get them from the network interface (e.g. eth0)

I then process those packets to maintain a table and forward them (without changes) to Linux using ToHost ...

my problem comes when I want to intercept packets that come from that Linux application (the hostapd)

because they are 802.1X packets that don't have an IP addressess ... I'm trying to do that unsuccessfully with

FromHost ...

Is there any workaround for that ? Or FromHost exclusively gets IP packets from the Linux IP stack ?

What about other ethernet packets, such as the 8092.1X ones ? How can I get them ?

Many thanks,

José Pedro Alves Baltazar d'Almeida