[Click] safe vs srcr

Vaibhave Agarwal vaibhave at cs.utah.edu
Mon Aug 8 21:12:25 EDT 2005

hi

I was using gen_conf_safe.pl to generate safe.click, and was using that
to configure my wireless network and send one hop path packets.

But the strange thing which i noticed was that when I use safe,
i get the ping latency of around "3 ms" between 2 nodes.

But when I use srcr (roofnet.click), I get the latency around "1.3 ms".

Also, both of these latencies are higher than the default latency
(without click) of around 1 ms.

So my questions are:

1) Why does safe has a higher latency than srcr?

2) Why both srcr and safe latency are higher than the default latency of
   1 ms ? Does click incurs an extra overhead ?

thanks
vaibhave