[Click] Click: IPFlowRawSocket.cc

Ashwin Chandra ashcs at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 22 23:41:38 EDT 2005

Hi all!

I am trying to set up an overlay network slice using click and I have come to this probably with sendto:permission denied in IPFlowRawSocket.cc. At first of course we thought we had no permissions, but we ran it as root and had the same problem. The other thing we noticed is that in documentation of IPFlowRawSocket is to firewall TCP and UDP ports 50000-65535 with iptables to supress kernel attempts to answer for the raw connections. We did this too, and still we get a permission denied in sendto. Just wondering if you guys have any insight to this problem?

Thanks a lot,
Ash