[Click] Click debug

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:25:55 EDT 2005

Hi Ural,

The most common tool I use to debug functional operation of an element
is click_chatter. Also elements like Print IPPrint helps when you
write elements that modify packet header/data.
To help debug kernel panics use click-install -m. The -m option writes
the click kernel module's load map to standard output, which can be
used with tools like ksymoops.

As Eddie has noted in a previous email most click developers use an
editor like emacs etc. for development. I personally use KDevelop as
an editor, the tabbed view integration with Kate is what I like most.
Compiling and installation I still do via a shell console using gmake,
but I'm sure you could configure KDevelop to run the necessary
scripts.

Beyers