[Click] Mobile IP v4 implementation

Dagang LI dagang.li at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Apr 7 06:10:49 EDT 2005

Hi all,

We've made a set of new elements for click to support Mobile IP v4.
It is a limited implementation, since for example security considerations
are not included, only FA care-of address is supported, etc. Also, we
only tested it in userlevel as well. But all the core Mobile IP
functionalities
like agent discovery, registration, tunneling, and motion detection are
implemented so that a working Mobile IP scheme can now be built up
with Click.

We are still working on it for the completeness and better performance,
but now that we already have a 'working draft', we would like to share
it with you. The current documentation is very limited but will be
improved later on. And since we are not sure what is the standard way to
make it public (as another click-package for example?), its current URL
and form of distribution could be changed. Comments and suggestions are
welcome and will be highly appreciated.

On this URL (http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~dli/mipv4/index.html) you
can find a tarball of all the files you need, as well as some documentation
and some sample configurations.

Kind regards,
Dagang LI
PhD student