[Click] Recommended Kernel

Gaurav Shrivastava gauravs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:55:08 EDT 2005

Hi All,
 In these last few days I have compiled and installed Linux Vanilla kernel
about 5 times but never was I able to compile click on it.
The README file says I have may have installed the kernel with many options
turned on. It suggests that I recompile the kernel with
fewer options.
 Now I dont have any idea which options to choose while configuring.
My steps are.
 1) Download latest Linux kernel 2.6.11.6 <http://2.6.11.6> from
kernel.org<http://kernel.org>
2) I am running fedora core 3: 2.6.9 version.
3) I use "make oldconfig".
4) I choose "Y" for all the new options ( when I choose "N" for all new
options, I am not able to boot the new kernel-->Kernel Panic)
5) Do the other steps.
6) boot the new kernel
7) Compile click: get error "~/click/linuxmodule/..
 Now I am thinking of using 2.4 kernel but I want to know which
*options* should
I use while compiling kernel.
 Thanks
--