[Click] STL Support

Indian Mogul indian_mogul at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 22:33:56 EDT 2004

Hi Eddie,
          we are using click for a proof-of-concept in
our lab. We have written a software module that is
capable of scanning xml pattern in the data stream.
Our module is written in c++ (linix 2.4.21) and
heavily uses STLport STL. And now my job is to
integrate it with the click router so that the packet
payload is routed through our module and appropriate
actions taken, depend on the content.

Now my questions are:
    1. Is it possible to compile our module (c++ with
stl support) as an appropriate element and run the
whole software in the linux kernel?

    2. If (1) is not possible, can click send packets
to our element in the user space with click router
running in the kernel space?

Thanks for your help,

With Best Regards,
IM