[Click] Arbitrary MAC with stripped driver

Nels Anderson Nels.Anderson at colorado.edu
Thu Sep 23 19:09:12 EDT 2004

Aloha,

Hello again, I know I mentioned this before, but I wanted to gather a little
more information about this.  I'm trying to use the stripped madwifi driver to
bring up an Atheros card with a mac address that I specify using ifconfig.
Currently, when I try the ifconfig command, I get:

SIOCSIFHWADDR: Invalid argument

I'm 99% sure that I did have this working with some version of the stripped
madwifi driver about two months ago, but due to other problems, I had to wipe
that whole system.  The normal Sourceforge madwifi drivers do allow the cards
to be brought up with an arbitary mac address, but all the click functionality
is pretty important for what we're trying to do.

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

-Nels