[Click] kernel mode click memory allocation

Erik VandeKieft evandeki at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 10 19:50:51 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have some Click elements that require a substantial amount of state
information and thus tend to use up a lot of memory. Beyond a certain
point I get a kernel panic due to, I assume, a failed memory allocation.
How does memory allocation work when running Click in the kernel? When in
kernel mode, does anyone have some suggestions as to the best way to
figure out exactly how much memory I'm actually using up and how much I
can expect to get allocated?

Thanks,
--Erik Vandekieft