[Click] possible to use variables in config file?

Marcel Poisot marcel at jhu.edu
Mon Oct 18 12:32:02 EDT 2004

I was hoping to clean up my Click config file a little bit, by putting
declarations of variables (such as dump pathnames, net dev names, etc)
at the top of the file.

Is there anyway to just make a variable name?  I have some absolute path
names for dumps, and it would be nice to keep the base of the path in
some variable name for easier maintenance.  Is there a way to do this?
The same applies for frequently used parameters and the like.

BTW, I noticed AddessInfo and PortInfo aren't linked anywhere in the
element documentation pages.  I just guessed their URLs...

Also, is there a way to instantiate or use a Click element from WITHIN a
click element?  It would be nice to internally call FixTCPChecksum from
within the element I'm creating, as opposed to doing it myself or
requiring the user to string that element after mine with every use.