[Click] Timers too fast

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Wed Oct 6 03:26:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use timers to generate a constant flow of Hello messages from a
node. These Hello messages should be sent at a very limited rate (1 per
minute) so using RatedUnQueue is undesirable, right?

For the moment my code works but the rate is way to high, I get hundreds of
messages in 1 second instead of 1 every 10 seconds...
The code looks like this:

AODVHelloGenerator::AODVHelloGenerator():
 Element(0,1),
 timer(this)
{
 // CONSTRUCTOR MUST MOD_INC_USE_COUNT
 MOD_INC_USE_COUNT;
}
int AODVHelloGenerator::initialize(ErrorHandler *errh)
{
 timer.initialize(this);
 timer.schedule_now();
 return 0;
}
void AODVHelloGenerator::run_timer(){
 printf("packet sent\n");
 fflush(stdout);
 timer.reschedule_after_ms(10000);
}

Could someone explain me what I'm doing wrong here? Am I using timers the
wrong way?

Thanks
Bart
--