[Click] Packets Gets garbled !!!!

Paine, Thomas Asa PAINETA at uwec.edu
Sun Oct 3 16:21:40 EDT 2004

IM,
	I'm not 100% sure this is your problem, but if you don't first
use CheckIPHeader, CheckIPHeader2, or MarkIPHeader BEFORE using a
IPClassifier it will cause Segmentation faults.  I'm relatively knew to
this framework, but from my little experience, I'm guessing this has to
do with the headroom that is left in the packet buffer in the heap.  It
allows for elements to grow headers without needing to reallocate
memory.  This may be what is happening in your case.  By not first
defining/marking the header offset, you are getting garbage back or
running off the end of a buffer.  Hope this helps.  The IPClassifier
documentation is where I first seen reference to this, but it may also
be mentioned in your routing elements.

Thanks,
Thomas Paine (paineta at uwec.edu)
University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire