[Click] used count after click-uninstall

Abel Navarro abel at endace.com
Wed Nov 3 17:55:41 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

When I uninstall the click kernel module, the use count of the module is 2,
and that prevents the module to be unloaded. I've been looking at the mailing
list archive for some ideas and found a case almost like mine (not solved):

https://amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu/pipermail/click/2004-April/002680.html

The sympthoms are the same, but I'm using click-1.4.1 and also tried the
latest version of the cvs.

When I load the test configuration on the click distribution (test.click), the
click kernel module reports an usage of 8. More complex configurations report
higher module usage (in my case 49). But in all cases the remaining use count
after "unloading" is 2.

The output from click-uninstall is:

# click-uninstall -V
click-uninstall: Installing blank configuration in kernel
click-uninstall: Removing Click module
click: Device or resource busy
click-uninstall: cannot remove Click module from kernel

Dmesg reports the kernel module loaded, but doesn't reports wether is
unloaded.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Abel