[Click] About checksum computation ?

yacine.djemaiel yacine.djemaiel at laposte.net
Mon Nov 1 07:54:29 EST 2004

Hi Beyers,
Thanks for your help, i will modify this field and i will
check again.
I have modified it because i have in my mind the update
checksum method   defined in app/ftpportmapper.cc which uses
ip_len.

Thanks again Beyers

> Hi Yacine,
>
> You have two options:
>
> (A) Use SetIPChecksum element. If you only want to set
certain packets then push those packets out a seperate output
port which connects to SetIPChecksum element.
> (B) You were using the ip packet length: ip_len, where only
the ip header length is needed: ip_hl. From SetIPChecksum()
element, correct code to set IP checksum:

>   hlen = ip->ip_hl << 2;
>   ip->ip_sum = 0;
>   ip->ip_sum = click_in_cksum((unsigned char *)ip, hlen);
>
> The above works in my code.
>
> Regards
>
> Beyers

(fromtcpdump.cc), but