[Click] receiving packets with wrong MAC address

Peter De Cleyn peter.decleyn at ua.ac.be
Mon May 31 16:15:22 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have 2 machines, equipped as wireless access points, running a click
configuration in userspace and I observe that machine A is receiving and
processing packets with their destination MAC address set to that of
machine B. ip link shows me that the interface is not in promiscuous
mode, but allmulti is activated though. Obviously, I expected these
packets to be dropped by the NIC.

Is this standard behaviour and if so, can I change it? Of course I can
create a classifier entry to filter these packets, but it does not seem
the right way to go.

thanks!

Peter

 ______________